AGENDA FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON
Tuesday 1st November 2016 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes.
2. Acceptance of Apologies:
4. Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6th September 2016
5. Matters Arising: a. Website. Clerk has not received any interest in supplying a narrative for the website.
6. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a.
7. Updates from Councillors: as per areas of interest.
8. Planning: a. to be considered at meeting
· 16/04736/FUL Erection of an agricultural straw store. Lower Brook Farm Church Preen.
b. Considered between meetings using delegated powers:
c. Decisions: (see report)
d. Proposed removal of payphone in Cardington.
e. Shropshire Council Public Open space review
e. Any other planning matters including any new planning applications received just before the meeting.
9. Finance: a. Invoices to pay:
1. Vision ICT £90.00 Training. Chq 213
2. JD Barry £225.00 Cemetery maintenance Chq 214
3. Mrs J Madeley Salary £362.68 Chq 215
4. HMRC £90.60 PAYE Chq 216
b. Approve report from external audit 31.3.16.
c. first draft of Budget y/e 2018.
d. Review of salary, payments to clerk.
10. Work with St James’ PCC (see report).
11. Shropshire council report.
b. Wood sale.
d. tree survey.
e. Topple testing headstones.
f. Complaint about Dog Fouling and dogs off the lead.
13 a. Highway Maintenance scheme way forward.
14. Correspondence: a. Information from AONB office regarding formation of an independent conservation board for Shropshire Hills AONB.
b. Shropshire facilities strategy Shropshire Council 2016-2037.
c. Shropshire Choices new service.
d. information about bailiff service.
15. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item.
16. Elections 2017. Draft information about the parish council for the website and interested parties.
17. Staff Appraisal.
18. Date of next meeting Thursday 3rd January 2017.
· 16/01498/FUL/16/01499/LBC Internal works including removal of partition walling, staircases, doors, windows and plaster; reinstatement of staircase; reopening of doorways; creation of doorways and window openings; insertion of partition walling; floorworks; works to trusses; external works to include lintel works; insertion of rooflights; works to facilitate erection of extension and conversion of outbuilding to form holiday let. Grant listed building consent and grant full planning permission.
· 16/03078/FUL Erection of a general purpose agricultural building: amended access to improve visibility. Withdrawn.
· 16/03512/FUL Oak Tree View Church Preen. Erection of 1 affordable dwelling and detached double garage. Installation of treatment plant and soakaway and creation of a new access(amended description). Grant Full Planning Permission.
· 16/03617/VAR Variation of Condition 4 attached to planning permission ref 03/0018/F to allow the extension permitted to be utilised as a unit of holiday let accommodation. The Willows Church Preen Church Stretton. Grant Variation of condition.
· 16/03691/FUL Erection of single storey side extension to create new living space and open rear porch. Caradoc House Comley Church Stretton. Grant Full planning permission.
· 16/04042/AGR a general purpose agricultural building Lat at Lower Brook Farm Church Preen (for information only application) Withdrawn.
8d. Payphone 01694 771336
The pay phone is on the current consultation list for removal. Reason it is not viable. It has had no calls made from is for 12 months.
From clerk’s experience, elsewhere the phone gubbins will be removed and phone box left in situ.
The phone box can be purchased for £1 from bt and maintained by the Parish Council.
There is also a service offered in conjunction with defibrillators for a button for emergency calls only. There is a cost.
Shropshire Council have the veto on the removal of the payphone and have provided a form for completion.
Clerk has been doing some locum work and been surprised at the £per hour paid by councils of a similar size and other costs liking working from home allowance. Clerk would like a review of salary per hour and other costs.
10. The PCC has acknowledged the letter regarding working together on the wall repair, tree survey and topple testing. The PCC are ensuring all the relevant permissions are in place for the wall repair. Clerk is awaiting the last tree survey carried out on trees in the Church yard before obtaining costs for a joint survey.