MINUTES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON Tuesday 1st July 2014 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. Mr Tim Seddon from Shropshire Council Environmental maintenance team attended the meeting to explain his role and talk about some of the issues the Parish Council was trying to raise with officers. One issue has been what email address to use, relevant email address has now been given to the clerk. All emails are to be copied to Mr Seddon and Councillor Barker. The jet patcher has been in action in the parish and some resurfacing works will be carried out. A map was supplied. Some work shave been carried out on Broadstone culvert. A query re bridge closures will be investigated. Both Yew Tree Bridge and Church Window Bridge are scheduled to be closed on the 4th August. Mr Seddon answered questions including questions about the overgrown hedges at Shootrough and Holt Farm. clerk to supply the contact details for the two properties. Clerk to also apply for the highway maintenance grant which may not be available.
A resident from the Church Preen area of the parish reported some history about the rights of way in that area of the parish. Clerk to obtain a copy of the definitive map and highways responsibility in the area and add to the next agenda.
2. Acceptance of Apologies: Apologies were accepted from Councillor Pennington. Present Councillors Tonks, Norris, Seabury, Davies, Blenkins, Burgess, Pinches and Maydew.
3. Dispensations: None.
4. Confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 14th May 2014: It was RESOLVED to sign and approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 14th May 2014.
5. Matters Arising: a. response re highways matters from last meeting. Mr Seddon responded to the queries from the last meeting.
6. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a. The latest meeting included update on crimes in the parish, including metal thefts investigations. A discussion was held on the future of ljcs . they will work in an amended form. The ljc will include Condover, Acton Burnell and Church Pulverbatch. It should start to become a body of influence on local service provision.
7. Updates from Councillors: as per responsibilities. Some footpath repairs will be carried out shortly. The faster broad band connection was not working recently.
8. Planning: a. New Applications: a. received between meetings.
14/01782/FUL Erection of an orangery to rear. Springfield Cardington. No objection.
14/02174/TCA To pollards 13 Ash Trees (long term management). Prune and shape 1 damson tree, reduce 1 walnut tree by 20% and fell 1 Ash tree within Cardington Conservation Area. St James Cottage. 7/8 Cardington . No objection.
To be considered at the meeting.
. b. Decisions:
14/00728/LBC Construction of a timber framed garage building providing car parking and storage at Shootrough Farm Cardington. Not proceeded with.
14/01548/LBC Installation of 16 solar panels affecting a grad 2 listed building. Shootrough Farm Cardington. Granted Listed Building consent.
14/02174/TCA To pollards 13 Ash Trees (long term management). Prune and shape 1 damson tree, reduce 1 walnute tree by 20% and fell 1 Ash tree within Cardington Conservation Area. St James Cottage. 7/8 Cardington . Shropshire Council raise no objection.
c. Ideas for submission to the Shropshire Council place plan for Shropshire. It was RESOLVED to add bus shelters to the place plan.
e. Any other planning matters. none.
9. Finance: a. Invoices to pay. It was RESOLVED to pay SALC £180.93.
b. New Financial Regulations. It was RESOLVED to approve the new financial regulations as presented to the parish council.
c. Consider internal audit for year ended 31.3.14. The internal report was noted all actions have been fulfilled.
It was RESOLVED to accept the internal audit and pay invoice of £93.60 to JDH Business Solutions for the audit.
d. Issue with HMRC. Noted.
10. Shropshire Council Report: Councillor T Barker. Nothing further to add.
11. Administration and Organisational Issues: a. Cemetery . It was RESOLVED to carry out a memorial test during the winter. It was RESOLVED to contact the arbourcultrist at Shropshire Council regarding the trees.
b. Recruitment of clerk. Clerk to report in August to Chair if she wishes to continue.
c. Lack of response from Shropshire Council to highways emails. This was addressed by Mr Seddon see public session.
d. Storage of old records. It was RESOLVED to obtain copies of the existing burial record and minutes going back to 2000 and then sending records to the Shropshire Archives.
12. Correspondence: a. Road closure Yew Tree Bridge from 4th August for 2 weeks. Noted. Clerk to query two bridges being closed at the same time.
b. Reminder Church Window Bridge closure for 8 Weeks. Noted.
c. West Mercia Police crime figures for parish. Noted.
13. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item.
14. Date of next scheduled meeting Tuesday 2nd September 2014 8pm. The meeting was declared closed at 9.15pm.