MINUTES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON Tuesday 2nd September 2014 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. Four members of the public were present. One resident reported his support for planning application 14/03374/FUL.
2. Acceptance of Apologies: Apologies were accepted from Councillor Burgess. Present Councillors Pinches, Davies, Blenkins, Seabury, Pennington, Norris and Tonks.
3. Dispensations: None.
4. Confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 1st July 2014. It was RESOLVED to sign and approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 1st July 2014.
5. Matters Arising: a. response re highways matters from last meeting. The owners of the overgrown hedges have been written to and one has been cut. The Shootrough hedges remain uncut. Clerk to keep in touch with Shropshire Council on this matter. The Highway Maintenace scheme is under review and if it becomes available to further councils again clerk will be informed.
b. report regarding rights of way in Day House/Holy Mill area. Clerk has obtained copies of the definitive map and highway managed by Shropshire Council. Clerk will keep these for now.
6. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a. update if required. No meeting has been held.
7. Updates from Councillors: several kissing gates have been installed. A post has been replaced. The Church Window bridge repairs are underway.
8. Planning: a. New Applications: a. received between meetings.
· 14/03263/TCA Removal of 7 fir trees within Cardington Conservation area 11 Cardington no objection. Comment made: No objection.
· 14/03168/FUL and 14/03169/LBC Internal and external alterations affecting a Grade II listed building including erection of a summerhouse. The Fold Cardington. Comment made: Cardington Parish Council has no objection to the alterations to this listed property. The Parish Council would like to see a condition added to any consent given to ensure the bathroom window that overlooks a neighbouring property is frosted and has restricted opening to ensure privacy of both properties in the future.
To be considered at the meeting.
· 14/03628/FUL Change of part of horse paddock to all weather turnout The Holt Plaish Church Stretton Shropshire SY6 7HX . it was RESOLVED to raise no objection to this application.
· 14/03374/FUL Erection of one dwelling and detached double garage Proposed Dwelling Adjacent Adlestrop Cardington Church Stretton Shropshire . It was RESOLVED to make the following comments on this application:
“Cardington Parish Council has no objection to the design and position of the proposed development. The application has been submitted by a local family who intend to live in the new development. However the Parish Council is aware of the community's wish in 2010 that the parish is considered open countryside in the emerging SAMdev, which would prevent such development."
· 14/01782/FUL | Erection of an orangery to rear Springfield Cardington Church Stretton SY6 7LL Permission Granted
· 14/00432/FUL Erection of affordable dwelling; installation of septic tank/treatment plant and gas (LPG) tankProposed Dwelling NW Of Manor Farm Cardington Church Stretton Shropshire: Permission Granted
· 14/03263/TCA Removal of 7 fir trees within Cardington Conservation area 11 Cardington no objection.
c. Any other planning matters. none.
9. Finance: a. Invoices to pay: It was RESOLVED to pay Shropshire Council £519.17, Mrs J Madeley £25.00, £350.65, Mr D Elliot £25.00 £9.97.
b. Issue with HMRC. This is ongoing. Clerk is trying to resolve.
10. Shropshire Council Report: Councillor T Barker. Councillor Barker reported he has driven through all the wards in his parish looking at overgrown hedgerows. Landowners are being pursued. He was asked to ensure the Shootrough hedges are cut. Some surface dressing works have been carried out in the parish.
11. Administration and Organisational Issues: a. Cemetery a. Management plan and records. Clerk presented a draft management plan some amendment was made. Clerk will write a risk assessment for the site too. The knotweed control is being carried out in accordance with guidelines from DEFRA. The records have been copied. Clerk to arrange for the records to be digitised and added to the village website.
b. Recruitment of clerk. It was RESOLVED to appoint the temporary clerk from November 2014.
c. Lack of response from Shropshire Council to highways emails. This has been resolved.
d. Storage of old records. The remaining records will be taken to Shropshire Archives.
12. Correspondence: a. Shropshire Council Crime reduction in South Shropshire. Noted.
b. FreSh invitation to an event about human rights. Noted.
c. Shropshire Council local government (misc provs) act 1976 Part 11. Hackney Carriages and Private Hire vehicles. Noted.
d. Invitation to Battle of Britain Service. Noted.
e. Councils Powers and Functions LTN1 (NALC). Noted.
f. Parish and Community Council meetings LTN5 (NALC). Noted.
g. SALC Information bulletin. Noted.
13. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item. A church service will be held to mark the death of Captain Christy. a copy of the original church service is being sought. The annual tidy up of the churchyard will take place on the 1st November 2014.
14. Date of next scheduled meeting Tuesday 4th November 2014 8pm. The meeting was declared closed at 10pm.