MINUTES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON
Tuesday 3rd March 2015 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. Shropshire Highways officer Tim Sneddon. No members of the public were present. Shropshire Council officer reported to the meeting on highways matters. The cost of repair to Church Window Bridge was £75719.00 which was within budget and 12 weeks of work. A similar amount was spent on the culvert at Shootrough. The overgrown hedges at Shootrough farm are being dealt with using the formal process. The second letter has been sent asking for the hedges to be cut back or Shropshire Council will do the work and charge. It was reported to Mr Sneddon that another bridge at Shootrough has been damaged. He will arrange for inspection on Wednesday 4th March 2015. There are some Potholes at Cardington Moor. Finally Mr Sneddon reported there will be some surface dressing between Broome and Plaish, Wilstone Lane, more sections of the Roman Road finally Cardington to Chatwell Hall. A further hole was reported near Holly Cottage in the centre of Cardington. A Query was raised about the use of mini diggers on the highway to widen the roads where the verge is encroaching.
2. Acceptance of Apologies: Apologies were received from Councillor Maydew. Present: Councillors Tonks, Norris, Pennington, Seabury, Pinches, Burgess, Davies and Blenkins.
3. Dispensations: None.
4. Approve minutes of 6th January 2015: It was RESOLVED to sign and approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6th January 2015.
5. Matters Arising: a. Rights of way to be forwarded to Shropshire Council for improvement. It was RESOLVED to write to Shrosphire Council explaining that it is felt the rights of way in Cardington Parish were suitable for walking from Rushbury to the Caer Caradoc.
b. Highways matters. see public session notes above.
6. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a. A meeting was held in Rushbury. It was not so well attended. The police gave a report. the police will be holding surgeries between 9-12. Not sure where however. The meeting was then given a presentation on the new care act.
7. Updates from Councillors: as per areas of interest. No reports.
8. Planning: a. to be considered at meeting. No planning applications.
Considered between meetings using delegated powers:
· 14/05472/FUL proposed dwelling sw of Brook House Church Preen Erection of a detached dwelling and garage. Response: Object Cardington Parish Council object to this application because the whole parish is designated as open countryside in Shropshire Council Core Strategy. If the applicant is eligible there is the option to consider building a single plot affordable home after going through the eligibility process.
· 15/00582/TCA removal of 2 x cherry trees, reduction of 4 x cherry trees by 30% within Cardington Conservation area. Fairfield 1 Manor Meadow Cardington. No objection.
· 14/04510 /FUL Erection of extension to holiday let, Barn south west of Grove Farm Cardington. Grant Full planning permission.
· 14/05040/FUL Erection of extensions and alterations to existing dwelling to include relocation of access and demolition of existing tack room and store. Brook House Cardington. Grant Full planning Permission.
· 14/05130/LBC Erection of a garden room, internal alterations and installation of rooflight above kitchen. The Fold Cardington. Listed Building Consent.
c. Any other planning matters including any new planning applications received before the meeting. None.
9. Finance: a. Invoices to pay: It was RESOLVED to pay Mrs J Madeley£ 587.24, HMRC £89.60, Scripti £193.20 and D Elliott £9.97
b. Consider grant in lieu of payment for garden under Oak Tree. It was RESOLVED to defer any payment until Councillor Maydew is present to report on the amount he has spent to keep the garden area tidy. It was also agreed the garden should be bulbs and perineal rather than annuals to ensure minimal work.
c. Consider payment for defibrillator box £630.00. It was RESOLVED to pay Turtle Engineering Ltd £630.00 for the defibrillator box which will be donated to the village hall committee at no liability to the Parish Council for future maintenance.
d. it was RESOLVED to pay clerk’s salary as per the new salary scale agreed with SLCC/NALC
10. Shropshire Council Report: Councillor T Barker. Including update regarding possible enforcement action on land adjacent to Cardington House. Councillor Barker reported that the residents of Brook House will be applying for a single plot affordable home. There is also another application at Hollyhurst (this is understood to be in Leebotwood Parish). That one will be an agricultural workers cottage. There will be a 0% rise in council tax from Shropshire Council. however the CTSG grant will not be paid to parish councils.
11. Administration and Organisational Issues: a. Cemetery a . Cd of cemetery book. The CD will be given to web provider to upload.
b. Email from PCC regarding a Rowan Tree. This issue was resolved without further reference to the parish council.
12. Correspondence: a. Clerks and Councils direct. Noted.
13. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item. Clerk to add churchyard maintenance and wall to the next agenda. Clerk to investigate powers etc.
14. Date of next meeting Tuesday 5th May 2015. AGM of the parish council and
Annual Parish Meeting of the Parish. Suggest meeting starts at 7.30pm. The meeting was declared closed at 9.45pm.