MINUTES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON
Tuesday 7th July 2015 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. Shropshire Highways officer Tim Sneddon. Mr Sneddon reported plans for surface work between Folly Bank and Brook House and Cardington and Chatwall Hall. The hole has been filled in near Holly Cottage. The hedgerow has been cut back as much as possible. There is some hand cutting to be done this week. The technicians are mindful of the situation. Councillors reported a pothole on Watling Street, flooding problems at Botville. The carriageway needs some attention at top of Gilberries Lane and the haunching has gone in the narrow part. Questions were asked. Mr David and Mrs William Jones attended to request the parish council confirm them both as eligible for the single plot affordable home policy.
2. Acceptance of Apologies: Apologies were accepted from Councillors Davies and Pennington. Present Councillors Burgess, Maydew, Pinches, Seabury, Blenkins, Norris and Tonks.
3. Dispensations: None.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 5th May 2015. It was RESOLVED to sign and approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 5th May 2015.
6. Matters arising: a. Highways matters. See public session.
7. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a. the anti theft products are available again.
8. Updates from Councillors: as per areas of interest. No updates reported.
9. Planning: a. to be considered at meeting:
15/02241/FUL Chatwall Home Farm Barn Chatwall Cardington . Erection of two storey and single storey rear extension. It was RESOLVED to raise no objection to this application.
Considered between meetings using delegated powers:
15/02254/TCA To crown reduce 2 birch trees by 40% within Cardington Conservation Area. Church Cottage and The Barracks Cardington (no objection). Noted.
14/00724/FUL Conversion of barn to dwelling, including proposed extension to southwest gable, proposed external steps, removal of conifer trees, proposed boundary wall construction and associated internal and external works, including installation of treatment plant and soakaway (amended scheme) Barn at Shootrough Farm Cardington Church Stretton Grant Full planning permission.
15/01115/FUL Erection of one detached affordable dwelling, single garage (log store) alterations to access, installation of septic tank and parking areas. Withdrawn.
c. Planning appeal 15/02230/REF appeal against refusal proposed dwelling adjacent Adlestrop Cardington. Dismissed.
d. SAM DEV plan consultation on main modifications. Nothing of concern for Cardington Parish.
e. Place plan consultation. Clerk checked and asked for bus shelter option to be included. Clerk to talk to Lisa Bedford about producing a questionnaire to ask residents what they would like to see the funds spent on.
f. Consider confirming two residents are eligible for the single plot affordable home scheme. It was RESOLVED to confirm Mr David and Mr William Jones fulfil the local element of the single plot affordable policy.
g. Any other planning matters including any new planning applications received before the meeting. None.
10. Finance: a. Invoices to pay: It was RESOLVED to pay jdh Business Services Ltd £109.07, JD Barry £225.00 and A Seabury, J Norris and J Rogers £80 each and Cardington Village Hall £45.00.
b. Consider upgrading website to 200mb of data. The website is now in need of this extension. £58.44 a year instead of £25.00. It was RESOLVED to pay for the extra data. Clerk to inform Mr Elliot.
11. Shropshire Council Report: Councillor T Barker. Including update regarding possible enforcement action on land adjacent to Cardington House. Councillor Barker reported it is hoped the residents in the caravan will apply for a single plot affordable home. It is anticipated the government will cease paying the rate support grant. Funds available to local authority will have to concentrate on services such as social care and waste management. The Local Joint committee is distributing youth grants.
12. Administration and Organisational Issues: a. Cemetery a . Consider working with Cardington PCC regarding grounds Maintenance. The PCC are happy to work with the Parish Council to manage the church yard. Clerk to discuss with councillors and PCC a way forward with both the churchyard and the wall. The wall may need work between the Wedding Gate and Funeral Gate.
13. Correspondence: a. The forum. Noted.
b. Thank you letter from Spurgeons regarding donation from Lent lunch. Noted.
c. Clerks and Councils Direct. Noted.
d. Connecting Shropshire. News about superfast broadband. Noted.
14. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item. Concerns were raised about the mobile phone signal from EE. It appears the mast on the Brown Clee is broken. A couple who have lived in the parish for a number of years and have been involved in many community activities are leaving. There is to be a farewell event on 1st August with someone from each organisation they have been involved in saying a few words.
15. Date of next meeting Thursday 1st September 2015. The meeting was declared closed at 9.32pm.