Minutes FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON
Tuesday 1st September 2015 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. A member of the public attended to listen and also report some problems with water supply.
2. Acceptance of Apologies: Apologies were accepted from Councillors Blenkins and Pinches. Present Councillors Burgess, Davies, Maydew, Pennington, Seabury, Norris and Tonks.
3. Dispensations: None.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 7th July 2015. Deferred until the next meeting.
6. Matters Arising: a. Highways matters. The promised resurfacing has been carried out. Feelings are still running high regarding the Shootrough hedge. There is a feeling it can be cut back more to allow better use of the road.
7. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a. update if required. No report.
8. Updates from Councillors: as per areas of interest. A bridge on the road to Leebotwood seems to have a dip in the road before it. Clerk to find out which bridge.
9. Planning: a. to be considered at meeting. 15/02923/COU Change of use from agricultural to use for siting 5 touring caravan pitches and 12 seasonal caravan pitches. It was RESOLVED to raise no objection.
Considered between meetings using delegated powers:
b. Decisions: 14/05472/FUL Proposed dwelling SW of Brook House Church Preen Church Stretton. Refused.
15/01617/FUL Installation of ground mount solar pv system to fence line to be set as 5 arrays of 16 panels and ground works to enable installation and connection to the main site electricity system. Lower Chatwall Farm Lower Chatwall Plaish. Grant Permission.
15/02240/FUL Erection of two storey and single storey rear extension. Chatwall Home Farm Barn Chatwall Cardington. Withdrawn.
15/02254/TCA Church Cottage and The Barracks Cardington Church Stretton. To crown reduce 2 Birch tres by 40% within Cardington Conservation area. Shropshire Council raised no objection to the works.
c. Any other planning matters including any new planning applications received just before the meeting.
10. Finance: a. Invoices to pay: It was RESOLVED to pay the following invoices Mrs J Madeley £369.47 and HMRC £89.40, Cardington Village Hall £45.00, D Eilliot £49.97.
b. Approve Annual external audit. The external audit had no comments it was RESOLVED to accept.
c. Spending of CIL funds. It was RESOLVED to send out a Consultation letter including the costs of printing and postage. Clerk to send.
11. Administration and Organisational Issues: a. Cemetery a . Consider working with Cardington PCC regarding grounds Maintenance. It was RESOLVED to leave this in abeyance and to wait for the PCC to ask for help if it is needed.
b. Cemetery wall. Clerk to investigate if the CIL funds can be spent on this wall.
12. Correspondence: a. Shropshire Seniors The Forum. Noted.
b. Shropshire Housing Group corporate plan information available. Noted.
c. Battle of Britain service and wreath laying 13th September. Noted.
d. invitation to join Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership. Clerk sent link to Chair.
e. information about neighbourhood plan production . Noted.
f. Briefing on Highways Maintenance. Noted.
g. Briefing on affordable housing contributions. Noted.
h. Rural Housing week celebrated. Noted.
13. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item.
14. Date of next meeting Thursday 3rd November 2015. The meeting was declared closed at 9.30pm.