MINUTES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON
Tuesday 6th September 2016 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. One member of the public attended to report on a new action group set up to investigate ways of saving Church Stretton Swimming Pool. The figures provided to the Parish Council by Church Stretton Town Council were discussed. Severn Trent Water are considering holding a public meeting about water supplies into Cardington Village.
2. Acceptance of Apologies: Apologies were accepted from Councillors Davies and Blenkins. Present Councillor Councillors Maydew, Norris, Burgess, Pinches, Seabury, Pennington and Tonks. Shropshire Councillor Barker attended the meeting after the start.
3. Dispensations: None required.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 5th July 2016. It was RESOLVED to sign and approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 5th July 2016.
5. Matters Arising: a. Website. It was RESOLVED clerk would supply details of the company providing the website to Councillor Burgess.
6. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a. No meeting has been held.
7. Updates from Councillors: as per areas of interest.
8. Planning: a. to be considered at meeting.
· 16/03617/VAR Variation of Condition 4 attached to planning permission ref 03/0018/F to allow the extension permitted to be utilised as a unit of holiday let accommodation. The Willows Church Preen Church Stretton. It was RESOLVED to support this application.
b. Considered between meetings using delegated powers:
· 16/03078/FUL Erection of a general purpose agricultural building: amended access to improve visibility.
Council has no objection to the principle of an agricultural building on this
agricultural holding. However, the siting of this building does seem
inappropriate. it is close to property with no connection to the land and
access is along a narrow highway.
It should also be noted the paperwork associated with this application refers to the previous applications that have been withdrawn on this agricultural holding rather than specifically to this application. thus there is reference to a different access and a dwelling amongst others.”
d. Any other planning matters including any new planning applications received just before the meeting.
· 16/03691/FUL Erection of single storey side extension to create new living space and open rear porch. Caradoc House Comley Church Stretton. It was RESOLVED to raise no objection to this application.
e. Action plan after consultation regarding CIL funds. Councillor Pennington to discuss extra benches in the millennium field and better signage to the field with the owner.
· Councillor Pennington will report to the next meeting.
· Councillor Maydew to obtain a quote for noticeboard from a local carpenter.
9. Finance: a. Invoices to pay: It was RESOLVED to pay the following invoices:
1. SALC £85.00 cemetery topple testing course. Chq no 209
2. Mrs J Madeley Salary £362.48 Chq no 210
3. HMRC £90.80 Chq no 211
b. Approve external audit. Audit not received.
10. Shropshire council report. The gullies have been swept and cleared. As a result, it has been confirmed a post has been placed in the network. BT Openreach have confirmed they will pay for the re-routing of the gully and drain.
11. Cemetery: working with the PCC. (letter in pack). It was RESOLVED to go ahead and work with the Parochial Church Council on works in the cemetery.
b. Cemetery wall. Advice regarding works on wall. It was RESOLVED to go ahead and work with the PCC to repair the churchyard wall. Clerk to liaise with PCC.
c. damaged tree in Cemetery. Wood sale. Councillor Maydew to discuss with a local timber merchant regarding removing the wood.
d. tree survey. It was RESOLVED to carry out a survey with the PCC. Clerk to investigate costs.
e. Topple testing headstones. Clerk and Councillor Norris will carry out the topple testing report.
f. Complaint about Dog Fouling and dogs off the lead. It was RESOLVED signs should be installed clerk to talk to PCC.
12. a. Highway Maintenance scheme way forward. Councillors Norris and Davies to liaise with Clerk and contractor re works to be carried out. Initially ditching and drainage.
13. Future funding of services that Shropshire Council can no longer provide. See pack for information. Church Town Council have been invited to take on the library, leisure centre, Swimming Pool and Visitor information from Shropshire Council. Discussions have taken place with the parish councils around the Town. An indication of how much it would cost pro rata has been circulated. To take on the library and leisure centre without the swimming pool it is suggested Cardington PC may contribute £4925.00 for a band D property that would be a further £24.64 on the precept and without the swimming pool £3197.00 £16.00. Further information is required. Shropshire Council require a business plan by September 2017. It was agreed the Parish Council support in principle with the retention of the swimming pool.
14. Correspondence: a. Confirmation of the Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011 Diocese of Hereford Parish of Cardington. Noted.
b. Information about new number to report emergency situations and power cuts to Western Power Distribution. 105. Noted.
c. Concern about Tree felling at Chatwall. Noted.
d. Clerks and Councils direct. Noted.
e. Information about A49 night time closures. Noted.
f. Police and Crime Commissioner Safer West Mercia Plan 2016. Noted.
15. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item.
16. Elections 2017. Next agenda.
16. Date of next meeting Thursday 1st November 2016. The meeting was declared closed at 10.15pm.