MINUTES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 3rd January 2017 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. One member of the public was in attendance. She pointed out there was support for retaining the phone box without the gubbins.
2. Acceptance of Apologies: Apologies were accepted from Councillors Burgess and Pinches. Present: Councillors Davies, Maydew, Blenkins, Seabury, Pennington and Tonks.
3. Dispensations: None required.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 1st November 2016: It was RESOLVED to sign and approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 1st November 2016.
5. Matters Arising: a. Website. Councillor Burgess will be making proposals at the next meeting.
6. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee: a. The committee recently met at Mayfair Community Centre. There was a presentation about Flood defences in the AONB. Cardington Kids Club has been granted £500.00 for your work. Councillor Barker stood down as chair and was replaced as chair by Shropshire Councillor David Evans. There was a presentation about Shropshire Choices a one stop website for Adult Social Care in Shropshire. Clerk to add a link to website. The Police were also in attendance and gave information ahout security equipment available to help protect property.
7. Updates from Councillors: as per areas of interest. Highways. The drain halfway along the lane from Enchmarsh to Cardington is still not repaired. Clerk to report again.
Rights of way. Footpath maintenance is not as good as it has been in the past. Clerk to find out the current policy.
8. Planning: a. to be considered at meeting: 16/05670/FUL Erection of two storey infill between main house and existing barn and associated works. Manor Farm Cardington. It was RESOLVED to raise no objection to this application.
b. Considered between meetings using delegated powers: All noted.
· 16/04955/FUL: Erection of a two-storey rear extension: including insertion of dormer windows and roof lights. 5 The Hollies Cardington (No Objection)
· 16/04736/FUL: Erection of an agricultural straw store. Lower Brook Farm Church Preen. (in Church Preen Parish.) (No objection)
· 16/05244/FUL: Erection of a single dwelling and detached garage. Proposed dwelling adjacent Adlestrop Cardington Church Stretton (No objection).
· 16/05320/FUL: Erection of a single dwelling and detached garage. Erection of 1 local needs dwelling with associated drive, parking, turning and garage including the demolition of an existing dilapidated agricultural building. Land Adj The Spinney Plaish Church Stretton. (no objection).
· 16/04955/FUL: Erection of a two-storey rear extension: including insertion of dormer windows and roof lights. 5 The Hollies Cardington (No Objection). Grant full planning permission.
· 16/04736/FUL: Erection of an agricultural straw store. Lower Brook Farm Church Preen. (in Church Preen Parish.) (No objection). Grant Full planning permission.
d. Shropshire Local Plan review briefing. The Parish Council will monitor the Local Plan Review with a view to remain open countryside.
e. Shropshire Council Planning Enforcement Protocol. Noted.
f. Any other planning matters including any new planning applications received just before the meeting. None.
9. Finance: a. Invoices to pay: It was RESOLVED to pay the following invoices.
1. Information Commissioner Office £35.00 Chq 218.
2. Mr D Elliott £9.97 Chq 219.
b. Approve Budget y/e 2018. It was RESOLVED to accept the budget presented by clerk.
c. Consider and set a precept for y/e ended 31.3.18. It was RESOLVED to raise a precept of £4233.00.
d. Noticeboards. Clerk to contact Cllr Norris regarding contact for noticeboard quote.
e. Consider grant to Keep our Shropshire History Alive. It was RESOLVED not grant.
f. Consider joining Shropshire Great Outdoors Membership Scheme. Noted.
10. Work with St James’ PCC. There is no update at this time.
11. Shropshire council report. Councillor Barker reported he was not seeking re-election in May. He felt residents should consider what prospective candidates are telling them in the campaign carefully.
b. Wood sale. No payment has been made for the wood. Clerk to chase the purchaser. Chair to find contact details from church magazine.
c. Topple testing headstones. Clerk as topple tested the entire cemetery and churchyard. A report has been sent to the Secretary of the PCC for the church part of the area. There were four gravestones dropped down because they were unsafe. One has been repaired already and three need repair. It was RESOLVED to write to the families. Councillors would seek contact details for two. clerk has contacts for the third.
d. Grass cutting contract. It was RESOLVED to continue with employing a contractor to cut the grass in the cemetery. Clerk to obtain quotes from Mr Barry and others names from Church Magazine. Chair will provide names.
13 a. Highway Maintenance scheme: Councillor Davies and Norris will discuss a plan with contractor for works to be carried out in the current financial year. Works to include pull ins clearance and getting the water off the highway. Contractor to start with the main routes into the parish.
14. Correspondence: a. Marches Freight Strategy. After discussion clerk to complete using information provided within discussion.
b. Shropshire’s Big Conversation results and progress. Noted.
c. Clerks and Councils Direct. Noted.
d. phone box update. Shropshire Council. Noted.
e. letter from Daniel Kawczynski. Noted.
f. NALC Grants and funding bulletin December 2016. Noted.
g. Active Places Convention. Noted.
h. Shropshire Seniors the Forum. Noted.
15. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item. A bus strategy has been distributed to parish councils. Clerk to complete with the help of councillor Barker.
16. Consider date of May 2017 meeting. The date of the May meeting falls before the election. Consider a date at the next meeting. Clerk to add to the agenda.
17. Date of next meeting Thursday 2nd March 2017. The meeting was declared closed at 10pm.