MINUTES FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF CARDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON
†Tuesday 7th March 2017 at 8pm
1. Public Session. Limited to 15 minutes. ††Two members of the public were present.† Neither wished to speak. ††Neighbourhood police officer D Walton attended the meeting to introduce himself and explain his role across 19 Parishes.† He is about to attend a† wildlife policing† training† course.† He answered questions.††
2. Acceptance of Apologies: There were no apologies.† Present Councillors Tonks, Davies, Maydew, Burgess, Pinches, Norris, Seabury, Pennington and Blenkins.†
3. Dispensations:†† none required.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 3rd January 2017.† It was RESOLVED to sign and approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
5. Matters Arising: †a. Website.† Councillor Burgess reported on her proposals for the community website.† A copy of the proposals will be circulated.† She is prepared to continue working on the project after the election despite not seeking re election.
†††† b. Update on rights of way works after last meeting.† Clerk reported Shropshire Councilís† Outdoor unitís response to the query re works in the Parish.† The Unit would like a volunteer group set up in the Parish to carry out works on the rights of way network.† This was noted.
6. Shropshire Council Local Joint Committee:† a. †At a recent meeting of the committee a presentation on the Neighbourhood Care Model was given.† There was the usual Police update and update from Mayfair Centre.† Plus a presentation on the Culmington flood alleviation system.
†† ††††††††7. ††Updates from Councillors: as per areas of interest.† Nothing to update the Parish Council on.
††††††† †††8. ††Planning: a. to be considered at meeting: †17/00417/FUL Conversion of 2 Barns with infill extension into a single dwelling and installation of a septic tank.† Proposed Barn Conversion NE of Chatwall Lawn Chatwall Church Stretton.† It was RESOLVED to raise no objection to this application.†
†††††††††††††† b. Considered between meetings using delegated powers: None.
††††††† †††††††c. Decisions: All noted.
∑ †16/04955/FUL: Erection of a two-storey rear extension: including insertion of dormer windows and roof lights.† 5 The Hollies Cardington (No Objection). Grant full planning permission.
∑ 16/04736/FUL: Erection of an agricultural straw store.† Lower Brook Farm Church Preen.† (in Church Preen Parish.) (No objection). Grant full planning permission.
∑ 16/05670/FUL Erection of two storey infill between main house and existing barn and associated works.† Manor Farm Cardington.† Grant full planning permission.
d. Shropshire Local Plan: The response form was completed.† Clerk to forward to Shropshire Council.
e. †Any other planning matters including any new planning applications received just before the meeting. Clerk to look into possible planning issues .
†9. Finance: a. Invoices to pay: ††It was RESOLVED to make the following payments:
††††††††††††††††††††††† †1. Vision ICT £360.00 chq 220. Website.
†††††††††††††††††††††††† 2. Mr Parry no more than £1970.40 chq 221 Highway maintenance.
†††††††††††††††††††††††† 3. Mrs J Madeley £539.98 Chq 222. †Salary.
†††††††††††††††††††††††† 4. HMRC £90.60 Chq 223.††††††††††††††††††††††††
††††† b. Noticeboards.† Clerk to obtain a quote from another contractor details to be provided by chair.
††††† c. Consider further grant application to transparency fund.† It was RESOLVED to go ahead with a further grant.† †††††
†††† †d. start to prepare bank mandate for new council. †No further action until after the election.
††††† e. Approve internal auditors for the current financial year.† It was RESOLVED to employ JDH Solutions Ltd to carry out the audit.
††††† f. Consider joining SALC £199.50.† It was RESOLVED to wait until the new council is in place.
10. Work with St Jamesí PCC. ††It was RESOLVED to give clerk powers to carry out all actions needed to work with St Jamesís PCC to get the wall project completed.†
†11. Shropshire council report.† Shropshire Council Barker reported he had 58 days left as Shropshire Councillor for Burnell ward.† There is a Council Tax increase to pay for adult social care.† The Authority is currently working on Integrated commissioning of social care.† The Highways dept is currently carrying out some schemes on minor highways.† The Council business will continue as normal during the period of the election.†
††††††† †12. Cemetery:†
††††† a.† Wood sale.† £50 cash has been received for the wood and paid into the parish council bank account.† ††††
††††† b. Topple testing headstones.† The headstones has been repaired however only one owner has been charged.† It was RESOLVED to refund this person £100.00 and write to the other two owners for a contribution.† Clerk to refund one owner and write to the other two for a contribution.† Any stones in future set down for safety to have a note attached explaining why.††††††
††††† c. Grass cutting contract.†† Two contractors quotes were received.† It was RESOLVED to go ahead subject to relevant insurances with Mr Hall for £230.00 a cut. ††††††
13 †Highway Maintenance scheme: a. update.† Works have started on drainage and gully clearance.† It was RESOLVED to pay Kinch Parry Ltd for the current works being carried out up to a total of £3200.00 net.†
†††††† b. Contract for 2017-18. In the next financial year the scheme will still be running but will be competitive.† It was RESOLVED clerk was to apply for the grant.††
††† †††14. Correspondence: a. ††Information from residents about condition of stiles on rights of way. Clker has forwarded list.† Works will only carried out if there is danger or urgency.† A volunteer group could be set up to carry out the works.
†††††††††††††† b. Clerks and Councils Direct. Noted.
†††††††††††††† c. Thank you correspondence regarding hedge cutting.† Noted. †††††
†††††† 15.† Elections 2017. †Packs were handed out.†
†††††† 16. Lent Lunch 2017. The Lent lunch is on April 1st.† It was RESOLVED to raise funds for the West Mercia Search and Rescue group.
† †††††17. Any other essential business- Note no decisions can be made under this item.†† †††††
††18. †Date of next meeting 16th May 2017.† Annual Parish Meeting and first meeting of the New Parish council.† The meeting to start at 7.30pm.† The meeting was declared closed at 9.35pm.